Sunday, October 10, 2010
Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon: Wrap-Up Post
The challenge: To read as many books as possible in 24 hours.
The results: Excellent.
I had to fudge the date a little for the read-a-thon. We had a wedding to go to yesterday, and it was pretty much an all day event. So instead, I did my read-a-thon while Boyfriend was off at the bachelor party, and I was dog/cat-sitting all day. I had a lot of fun, though. So did one of the cats. He walked over my shoulder and curled up on the pillow I was using to prop up one of my books, then proceeded to rub himself all over the book. All while sticking his butt up in my face. I think he approved.
Here is what I read:
- Bloodlines by Janice Harrel (p. 82-231)
- Pretty Dead by Francesca Lia Block (p. 1-195)
- Mind Games by Carolyn Crane (p. 139-371)
- Beyond the Night by Joss Ware (p. 1-357)
- Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride (p. 1-343)
Totals: 5 books, 1,278 pages